Amazon Statistics, User Demographics, and Fun Facts in 2020
by Editorial Team Updated
Amazon Company Facts
Headquarter: Seattle, WA
CEO: Jeff Bezos
Amazon Employees Stats
Number of employees: 840,000 (Worldwide) 590,000 (US)
Number of robot employees: 200,000
Amazon Users Demographics Statistics
Total users: 6+ Million
Active users: 310+ Million
Primer users: 150+ Million
1 in every 4 adults in US has Amazon Prime.
Amazon own a lot of subsidiaries, but most prominent ones are:
- Amazon Web Services
- Whole Foods Market
Market Share Stats
US e-commerce market share is at 38%. (source)
Categories with more than 90% market shares:
- Home Improvement Tools - 93%
- Skin Care - 91%
- Batteries - 97%
- Golf - 92%
- Kitchen and Dinning - 94%
1st quarter: $51.04 Billion
2nd quarter: $52.89 Billion
3rd quarter: yet to file
Nearly 50% of Amazon's revenue comes from third party sellers. (source)
Amazon Market Valuation
Current Market Valuation: $1.3 Trillion
Amazon is the second company to reach Trillion dollar market valuation after Apple.
- Female shoppers 51.1%.
- Blue Collar Shoppers 57.4%.
- Shoppers with Family 54.7%.
- Bachelors Degree Shoppers 34.5%.
- Graduate Degree Shoppers 27.4%.
- Married 45.9%.
- Shoopers have incomes greater than $100,000.
- Home owners 80%.
- Shoppers tend research products before buying.
- All shoppers tend to shop elsewhere are over age 45. (source)
Amazon Fun Facts
- Amazon was originally named Cadabra as in "Abracadabra."
- Entire United States can be covered in cardboard by five months of Amazon shipped boxes.
- If you type in relentless.com on the browser, it will go to Amazon.com.
- First book ever sold at Amazon was called Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies by Doug Hofstadte.
- In early days,a literal bell was rung everytime a purchase was made in Amazon.
- There are 6,000 dogs sharing work space at Amazon.
- A door became a desk and a symbol of Amazon.
- Daughter of an Amazonian loves to read, but he found a few books with minority characters. So he ended writing a book.
- There are a lot of weird products in Amazon such as Star Wars chopsticks, dog selfie tennis ball, Game of Thrones music box, and many more.
- Apple uses Amazon's 1-Click ordering technology.
- Mobile shopping was increased because of 1-Click.
- In early days, programming error could trick Amazon into crediting money to customers credit cards.
- Company lost $5.7 million when the website was down for 49 minutes.